Sad Story of Pain and Death in a Veteran’s; Home in Nevada

Former Nevada legislator and longtime optometrist Robert Robinson died less than three weeks after being left outside in extreme heat by staff at the Nevada State Veterans Home in Boulder City.

The 89-year-old man suffered second-degree burns on his legs and other parts of his body while sitting in his wheelchair wearing only shorts during the height of summer, family members said Monday.

The cause of death on Robinson’s death certificate includes “sepsis, cellulitis, cutaneous burns and prolonged environmental heat exposure.”

The family now plans to sue the facility.

“It’s just unacceptable,” Robinson’s grandson, Craig Robinson, said Monday. ” I would like those who were responsible to be held accountable.”

 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/grieving-family-seeks-accountability-veterans-home-neglect-case

Add Comment