Greyhound passengers file federal civil lawsuit against bus company following Ohio crash R
Here’s the source: http://www.toledoblade.com/Nation/2013/12/30/3-Greyhound-passengers-file-federal-civil-lawsuit-against-bus-company-following-Ohio-crash.html
The FMCSA has an outstanding website that touches upon many bus safety topics: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/outreach/bus/bus.htm.
From the Complaint, Which is #: 1:13-cv-01374-RJJ
On September 13, 2013, at approximately 10:15 p.m., Plaintiffs boarded Greyhound Bus located in Lexington, Kentucky …
11. Plaintiffs’ final destination was the City of Detroit, State of Michigan.
12. Plaintiffs were all passengers in the bus at the time of this incident.
13. At all times relevant, Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc., was the owner of the subject bus in which all Plaintiffs were passengers.
14. At all times relevant, Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc., was the employer of Dwayne Garrett, who was the bus driver of the subject Greyhound bus.
15. At all times relevant, Dwayne Garrett was driving the above-described Greyhound bus at the expressed or implied consent of the owner, Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
16. Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc., is liable to all Plaintiffs for the negligent acts of its employees, specifically employee, Dwayne Garrett, by the doctrine of respondeat superior, vicarious liability.
17. On September 14, 2013, at approximately 3:45 a.m., Dwayne Garret, while acting within the course of the scope of his employment with Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc., was traveling northbound on I-75, near Liberty Township, Ohio.
18. On September 14, 2013, at approximately 3:45 a.m., Dwayne Garrett, while acting within the course of the scope of his employment with Defendant, Greyhound Lines, Inc., lost control of the Greyhound bus that he was operating, causing the vehicle to leave the roadway and roll-over multiple times, and eventually crashing into a tree.
19. The Plaintiffs suffered serious and permanent bodily injuries as a direct and proximate result of Dwayne Garrett losing control of the bus causing it to roll-over several times